CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 18, 2010

Doughbox Makeover

It's been a pretty low key Monday around here. The boys are out of school, so there is plenty of noise from video games and the never ending arguments. No fist fights yet, so that's a plus. But, between laundry and other glamorous chores, I was able to finish up a TS find that has been hanging around in the garage too long. Here's the before shot. Sorry it's all taken apart at this point, I got a little overzealous and almost forgot to get a photo. It's a 1960's "Early American" piece.


I don't mind the turned legs at all, in fact I really like them, but I thought the curvy apron around the bottom really made it look less authentic, so I covered it with some flat molding I had left over from some other project. I sprayed the hinges first, with some black Rustoleum Hammered finish paint, then I painted the rest black. I sanded the edges and then rubbed the whole thing down with Special Walnut stain.  It's now in my media room, waiting for the perfect lamp. It was hard to get decent pics, since it is so dark in there, but I think you get the idea. Not bad for $8.00 and some spare time.




It's deep, so there's lot's of room for the junk that accumulates in the room. LOVE that! 
So that's all from me today. I'm off to figure out what the heck is for dinner.

~Katherine

5 comments:

Unknown said...

OMGosh!! That turned out fabulous!!
Ive been wanting one of those forever!!
~Lucky Girl!~
Great job!!
~Tam

bayrayschild said...

OMG! I am going to have to call you the QUEEN of GREAT FINDS!

You certainly have got the makeover's down to a tee!
That doughbox looks wonderful!

Audrey

JenW!~ said...

Wow I Love how it turned out.You did a wonderful job.

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Thanks for your comment Katherine.

Love the dough box!!! Oh course I'm a black sucker so anything painted black is fabulous. LOL. So you like the hammered finish spray paint. I looked at it the other day and wondered if it really worked.

Mary

TJ said...

Holy Camoleyyyyy (sp ? lol) anyway geeeeee maneeeeee (sp ? lol) Ok I'll stick to what I know how to spell for sure ! Wow Wow Wow....THIS IS amazing ! I will be keeping my eyes peeled for something like this while I'm out thrifting and junking. Amazing how you transformed it to such an awesome addition to your home. This has got to be on the TOP of my all time fav makeovers.
Prim Huggs n Blessins

TJ