CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 11, 2010

It's even Snowin' in Texas!

We rarely ever believe the weatherman when he says snow in Texas. So we were surprised to wake up to the white stuff lightly covering the ground, and huge clustered flakes falling fast. School was cancelled, we're having a real live snow day here! There's probably 3 or 4 inches out there right now and it's still falling, the thich, wet and sticky kind.  My little one said "This isn't even Texas snow, it's like real snow!"   So if you can stand  any more pics of snow, here are a few of Dallas snowstorm, 2010. I had to snap these pretty early this morning, before the kids made tracks across the beautiful blanket on the back yard...it's quite a bit deeper now.
My son is currently working on the "biggest snowball ever", and there is already a huge pile of we clothes by the back door. This is snowman #1.

I know those of you buried in several feet are laughing at our dusting of snow.Most of you are so sick of it, and tired of being snowed in, but for a bunch of Ohioans, we are pretty excited. We don't usually get more than an inch or so of the dry, blowing stuff. Seeing all of your beautiful, white photos, I was frankly, a little jealous. The little guy above is our native Texan, and I think he's most excited of all. I'm just happy to have my boys at home with me for the day, making cookies and watching movies in our sweats with the fireplace burning. It will be gone tomorrow, so we gotta cram it all into one snow day! Thanks for bearing with me...

~Katherine

6 comments:

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

I am getting it here in SE OK, the first for here, even all the ice missed us. I am from Michigan and I miss it!

Thanks for sharing!

Bear Hugs~Karen

bayrayschild said...

Oh Katherine, enjoy your Texas snow!

I have had my share of it! Ha!
My daughter is expecting some of the white stuff there in Savannah, tonight and is pretty excited.

I wish there were a way we could send you all who aren't used to getting any , some of ours from time to time!

Audrey

Prim and Proper Folks said...

Oh my..that snow is beautiful to look at as it blankets the branches of that bush! Your son sure is enjoying making his snowman!!! Hope you are staying warm..Susan

Christine said...

Thanks so much for signing up to follow. I'm so pleased to meet you!
I love your home and I'm enjoying reading your blog and look forward to following!
Best wishes
Christine

~* Peach Street Folk Art *~ said...

We got snow too, two weeks ago, way down here in South Georgia. It won't happen again for another 15 years. We so enjoyed it!

Thanks for coming by to visit with me. Hope to see you again soon!

Jamie

Melissa Bowman said...

I know what you mean about the snow. We even got it in Tennessee Colony, Texas. We live about 50 miles from Tyler, Texas. The last two days its been in the 70's. I wish it would make up its mind, but that's just good ol' Texas living. It's great to see another Texan who loves the primitive look, I've only found one other. I'm a new follower, so I will check in on you soon.

Melissa